The Beauty Expert Travel Tips
The beauty expert travel tips you need to know and the best bodycare and skincare products to prep your skin for your adventure and to maintain perfect summer skin after you’ve arrived home!
Travel Tips From The Therapist
Nichola Joss is one of the UK’s most celebrated beauty therapists, requested by A-list actresses, world famous photographers and supermodels. Here are Nichola’s top travel tips:
- Holidays are an amazing opportunity for beauty treatments as you can really take the time out to apply them and relax while they get to work. I always take face masks, body scrubs and indulgent body butters with me.
- I take oils and balms for flights. Therapist’s Secret Facial Oil and 7 Day Moisture Miracle Oil Balm are both small enough to take on the plane and are packed with amazing ingredients which mean skin won’t get dry or dehydrated.
- Whilst I am away, I always buy local honey. It’s great in tea in the morning and it also works really well if you get bitten or have allergies. Plus you can use it as a soothing mask on your skin after sun exposure.
Therapist's Secret Facial Oil
99% ORGANIC super-charged plumping treatment for younger-looking skin.
7 Day Moisture Miracle Oil Balm
Our handbag must-have multi-purpose balm.
Travel Tips From The Beauty Editor
Rosie Green has written for Elle and Vogue and styled celebrities from Sarah Jessica Parker to Liv Tyler via Sophie Dahl in exotic locales. Here are Rosie’s top travel tips:
- Swollen, red mosquito bites are not a good look so I always pack antihistamine tablets like Clarityn to quickly reduce inflammation.
- If you’re traveling light remember some products can multitask on holiday. In a pinch a little face oil can be used to define and defrizz hair and a thick layer of moisturiser can double as a rehydrating mask.
- I switch to a new perfume for the summer and that way whenever I catch that scent afterwards I am transported back to happy times.
Are you ready to bare?
It’s not only important to take care of your skin during your travels but before you go and when you arrive back too!
Before you depart:
- Exfoliate. Sanctuary Spa Ultimate Salt Scrub £11.50 – use this on dry skin first, really rubbing it in, then get into the bath or shower and massage the remainder off. Not only does it exfoliate away any patches of dryness, but the oil seals the water into the skin and you are left with really soft, smooth, presentable limbs.
If you want a scrub that isn’t too heavy to take away with you try our Gentle Polish Body Scrub in full size or travel size, depending how long your adventure is!
Our iconic dead sea salt scrub that leaves skin perfectly polished.
A gentle scrub for every day use, to leave skin cleansed & radiant.
A gentle everyday scrub to leave skin cleansed & refined.
- Instant Self Tan. St.Tropez Instant Tan Wash Off Face and Body Butter £10. For this time of year wash off products are great, they are blunder proof and there’s no commitment. They are a great way of easing yourself into tanning and perfect to give you a glow before you hit the beach. If you want an extra subtle look you can just mix some into your usual body butter.
Our Luxurious Body Butter is available in travel size too if you want one to take away with you! More travel size products >
- Make sure you are travel size ready! We have the perfect selection of holiday essentials for skincare and bodycare. We even have beautiful travel size gifts that are gorgeous for gifting a loved one before they leave!
Perfect for when you're on the go this summer.
Never get tired of the small delights of daily life.
Most Loved Minis Getaway Kit
Your perfect mini essentials for any getaway.
- Maintaining the tan. Up your bodycare routine to maximise your tan and make it last all summer with our Long Lasting Moisture collection. Our Long Lasting Moisture collection keeps skin intensely hydrated using the innovative ingredient Gold of Pleasure Oil. Switch your Cleansing Body Wash to our 2 Day Moisture Shower Oil, as well as thoroughly cleansing & rebalancing moisture levels, skin is left hydrated, revitalised & silky smooth – a feeling you’ll hold onto for up to 2 days, even after taking another shower.
You can keep your tan glowing whilst you are out and about by keeping our handy 4 Day Moisture Body Oil Spray in your handbag! Great as a little top up of moisture on the go when your skin is looking dull and tired.
Explore the rest of the Long Lasting Moisture collection.
2 Day Moisture Shower Oil
With gold of pleasure oil, skin is instantly hydrated & holds moisture.
4 Day Moisture Body Oil Spray
With gold of pleasure oil, one use leaves skin looking flawless.
- Keep your cool! Ultra-refreshing and fantastic for sore sunburnt skin our Cooling Sorbet-Inspired collection is the best way to relieve any itchy, red sunburn. The collection includes a refreshing blend of calming aloe vera and lusciously cool cucumber water to soften skin & leave you with chilly sensations.
Ultra refreshing & beautifully light moisturising lotion.
An ultra-refreshing & skin smoothing body scrub.
An ultra-refreshing & invigorating body wash with watermelon & cucumber.